SP Member News Roundup – April 2021
SP provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, the US EPA and other government entities from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
This series collects recent news and updates though April 30, 2021 highlighting efforts of SP member companies and partners to advance initiatives with positive environmental impact.
- Cox Invested Nearly $1 Billion in Sustainability. Cox Enterprises released Making Our Mark, its collective impact report, which details the company’s investment of nearly $1 billion in sustainable businesses and technologies, and more than $191 million donated to or invested in communities. Read More.
- DENSO Has Begun Testing CO2 Circulation Plant at Anjo Electrification Innovation Center. DENSO Corporation announced it has begun testing a CO2 circulation plant at its Anjo Plant’s Electrification Innovation Center. The new plant is a demonstration facility designed to capture and recycle CO2, a capability that supports DENSO’s larger efforts to eliminate CO2 emissions from its facilities. Read More.
- Ford Establishes Formal Supplier Conduct Code For Environment, Human Rights, Material Sourcing And Ethical Business Practices. Ford has established a formal supplier code of conduct that applies clear expectations in areas related to human rights, the environment, responsible material sourcing and lawful business practices for every member of the company’s supplier community. Ford has outlined specific conduct guidelines for its suppliers since 2003; this code expands and publicly formalizes supplier accountabilities for responsible business practices. Read More.
- Ford’s New Science-Based, Interim Carbon-Neutral Targets Highlight First Integrated Sustainability, Financial Report. Ford released its first-ever integrated sustainability and financial report of accomplishments and aspirations, at the same time announcing new science-based targets toward the company’s ambition to be carbon neutral by 2050, in line with terms of the Paris Climate Agreement. Read More.
- General Motors Releases Annual Sustainability Report, Setting Baseline for Accelerated Goals. General Motors released its 11th annual Sustainability Report, providing an overview of the company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance in 2020, and outlining new environmental sustainability goals for the next chapter of GM’s work toward a zero-emissions future. Read More.
- General Motors Earns 2021 ENERGY STAR® Sustained Excellence Award for the 10th Year. General Motors announced that it has received the 2021 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year — Sustained Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy for the 10th year. Read More.
- Henkel 3D printing facility drives sustainability by achieving zero waste to landfill status. Henkel’s Dixon facility in California, USA, the global center of excellence for the manufacture of resins for 3D printing, has achieved zero production waste to landfill status. Read More.
- Honda Targets 100% EV Sales in North America by 2040, Makes New Commitments to Advances in Environmental and Safety Technology. Honda announced key targets for sales of electrified vehicles in North America, with a plan to make battery-electric and fuel cell electric vehicles to represent 100% of its vehicle sales by 2040, progressing from sales of 40% by 2030 and 80% by 2035. Honda is formalizing its goals for achieving carbon neutrality for all products and corporate activities by 2050, as well as zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda automobiles and motorcycles globally by 2050. Read More.
- Li-Cycle to Build New Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Facility in Arizona. Li-Cycle Corp. announced that the Company will build its third commercial lithium-ion battery recycling facility, to be located in Gilbert, Arizona, within the Phoenix metropolitan area. Read More.
- Magna Commits to Carbon Neutrality in Global Operations by 2030. Magna enters a new era in the company’s sustainability journey with its announcement to achieve carbon neutrality in its operations by 2025 in Europe and by 2030 globally. Read More.
- Stellantis 2020 CSR Disclosures. Stellantis has released CSR 2020 reports that showcase how FCA and Groupe PSA have addressed societal challenges to design sustainable business models that create shared and sustainable value. Read More.
- Stellantis Celebrates Earth Day and its Wildlife Habitat Council Partnership (Video). In celebration of Earth Day, Stellantis is reflecting on its partnership with the Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) and various initiatives the Company has accomplished with the global non-profit in recent years along with sharing some insights from WHC President Margaret O’Gorman. Read More.
- Toyota Motor North America’s 7th Environmental Action Plan (Video). Toyota’s 7th Environmental Action Plan highlights its commitment in sustainability with the ultimate goal of realizing carbon neutrality. Read More.
- Chevron, Toyota Pursue Strategic Alliance on Hydrogen. Chevron U.S.A. Inc., through its Chevron Products Company division (Chevron), and Toyota Motor North America, Inc. (Toyota) announced a memorandum of understanding to explore a strategic alliance to catalyze and lead the development of commercially viable, large-scale businesses in hydrogen, with the goal to advance a functional, thriving global hydrogen economy. Read More.
SP members may send their environmental sustainability news to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future news roundups. And, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest SP news and updates.