SP Member News Roundup – July 2023
SP provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, the US EPA and other government entities from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
This monthly series collects recent news and updates through July 2023 highlighting efforts of SP member companies and partners to advance initiatives with positive environmental impact.
- AGC has released the AGC Integrated Report 2023, The “AGC Integrated Report” introduces various stakeholders to the AGC Group’s management approach and initiatives to enhance corporate value. Learn More.
- Soucy Techno Signs Long-Term Supply Agreement with Bolder Industries, Bolder Industries, Inc. and Soucy Techno announced the signing of a formal multi-year supply agreement for BolderBlack®, the premier sustainable carbon black alternative. Learn More.
- Into the hydrogen age: Bosch starts volume production of its fuel-cell power module, Bosch is entering the hydrogen age of mobility. At its Stuttgart-Feuerbach location, the supplier of technology and services has now begun volume production of its fuel-cell power module. Learn More.
- Cummins Receives Global Energy Management Insight Award, Cummins team won the CEM Award of Excellence, Cummins received a 2023 Energy Management Insight Award from the Clean Energy Ministerial, a high-level global forum to promote policies and programs that advance clean energy technology, to share lessons learned and best practices and to encourage the transition to a global clean energy economy. Learn More.
- KULR and Cirba Solutions Announce National Groundbreaking Recycling Program, KULR Technology Group, Inc., announced a joint collaboration with Cirba Solutions. This collaboration focuses on developing a safe transportation platform for original equipment manufacturers to store and transport prototype, end of life, damaged, defective, and recalled lithium-ion batteries. Learn More.
- CSX Releases 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance Report, CSX announced the release of its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance Report highlighting significant progress the company has made towards advancing its workforce and improving environmental stewardship, social responsibility and governance best practices over the past year. Learn More.
- Clarios Releases Environment, Social & Governance Report, Clarios has announced its newly released Environment, Social & Governance. Learn More.
- Eaton unveils industry-first approach to simplify and accelerate fleet EV charging, reducing installation time by 40%, Intelligent power management company Eaton announced a new approach simplifying electric vehicle fleet charging by eliminating costly cable runs and major modifications to existing parking and conveyor structures. Learn More.
- Major Global Corporations Join with RMI to Advance Electric Sector Transformation, Akamai Technologies, General Motors, Meta, Prologis, Salesforce, Walmart, and other major companies announced a joint effort with RMI, founded as Rocky Mountain Institute, focused on building a comprehensive, collaborative new framework to accelerate the transition to a reliable and affordable zero-emissions electric grid. Learn More.
- Huntsman Publishes 2022 Sustainability Report, Huntsman Corporation has published its 2022 corporate sustainability report titled, “Solutions for Sustainability,” on its website at Huntsman.com/sustainability. This interactive report highlights the many ways in which Huntsman’s products provide essential solutions for sustainability challenges. Learn More.
- Lear Publishes 2022 Sustainability Report, Makes Progress on Goals, Lear Corporation released its 2022 Sustainability Report, which includes the company’s progress on its climate goals, sustainable product development, and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. Learn More.
- Li-Cycle and EVE Energy Launch Battery Recycling Collaboration, Li-Cycle Holdings Corp. and EVE Energy Co. announced that they have signed a memorandum or understanding to collaborate and explore lithium-ion battery recycling solutions for EVE battery materials. Learn More.
- Metrus Energy Announces the Release of 2022 Impact Report, Metrus Energy is proud to announce the release of its third annual Impact Report. Learn More.
- Toyota Boshoku America join Manufacture 2030, Toyota Boshoku America is the first Tier 1 automotive supplier to join the M2030 platform as a supply chain owner in its own right, demonstrating its commitment to align with customers and the industry in the goal to decarbonize the automotive supply chain. Learn More.
- Orbis Corporation Announces Parent Company Published Annual Report, ORBIS is pleased to announce that Menasha Corporation, its parent company, has published its annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report. Learn More.
- Renew Energy Partners and Buildings IOT Partner to Expedite Building Decarbonization Through a Tech-enabled, Fully Funded Solution, Renew Energy Partners and Buildings IOT announced a partnership to expedite the decarbonization of buildings and the deployment of property technology, analytics, and controls in the built environment. Learn More.
- Stellantis, Samsung SDI Announce Plans to Build Second StarPlus Energy Gigafactory in the United States, Stellantis N.V. and Samsung SDI announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a second battery manufacturing facility in the United States, under the existing StarPlus Energy joint venture. Learn More.
- IBIS: Stellantis and Saft Reveal a Smarter, More Efficient Battery for Autos and Stationary Power, After four years of design, modeling and simulation, a team of 25 people comprised of CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research), Stellantis and Saft engineers and researchers unveiled an innovative prototype of an energy storage battery that integrates the inverter and charger functions. Learn More.
- Stellantis and NioCorp Sign Rare Earth Offtake Term Sheet in Support of Stellantis’ Commitment to Reaching Carbon Net Zero by 2038, Stellantis N.V. and NioCorp Developments Ltd. announced the signing of a Rare Earth Offtake Term Sheet. The objective is to enter into a definitive rare earth supply agreement to support Stellantis’ commitment to build resilient supply chains and reach carbon net zero by 2038 and to help accelerate NioCorp’s path to commercial production of magnetic rare earth oxides in the U.S. Learn More.
- Stellantis to Invest in a New ‘grEEn-campus’ in Mirafiori, Italy, Stellantis announced its Mirafiori site in Turin, Italy, joins the ‘grEEn-campus’ workplace transformation program that aims to strengthen the roots of Stellantis’ automotive design, R&D and central functions through innovative, sustainable, and collaborative designs. Learn More.
- Univar Solutions Recognized for Carbon Footprint Reduction Targets, Univar Solutions Inc., a global solutions provider to users of specialty ingredients and chemicals, announced its recent recognition on the USA TODAY list of America’s Climate Leaders. Learn More.
- Waste Management launches $35 million RNG facility in Springdale, Texas-based Waste Management has opened a $35 million renewable natural gas facility at the company’s sprawling Eco Vista landfill south of Arbor Acres Avenue in Springdale. Learn More.
- Yamaha Lends Support to Drawdown Georgia, Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. announced the company’s participation in the Drawdown Georgia Business Compact. Learn More.
- Seven Automakers Unite to Create a Leading High-Powered Charging Network Across North America, Seven automakers – BMW Group, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Mercedes-Benz Group, Stellantis NV – are creating a joint venture to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles in North America, by making EV charging more convenient, accessible and reliable. Learn More.
- New EV Battery Safe Handling & Storage Guidance Developed by Global Automakers and Suppliers. In a collaborative effort to enhance safety measures and promote responsible handling of electric vehicle (EV) batteries, at its 2023 Innovation Summit in Columbus, Ohio, the Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP) announced the publication of a new guidance document on Electric Vehicle (EV) Battery Safe Handling and Storage. Learn more.
SP members may send their environmental sustainability news to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future news roundups. And, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest SP news and updates.