SP Member News Roundup – December 2023
SP provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers and their large and small suppliers to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
This monthly series collects recent news and updates through December 2023 highlighting efforts of SP member companies and partners to advance initiatives with positive environmental impact.
- Arkema signs an agreement with EDF renewables for the supply of renewable electricity, Arkema has signed a 20-year contract with EDF Renewables for the supply of 20 GWh/year of renewable electricity. This partnership will start in 2026 and will cover 70% of Bostik’s electricity consumption in France. Click Here.
- Propylat: sustainable technology with high recycled content for optimized acoustic performance, Autoneum’s sustainable, textile and lightweight Propylat technology reduces both interior and exterior noise of vehicles. Propylat was originally developed by Borgers Automotive, which was acquired by Autoneum in April 2023. Click Here.
- CSX Included on Dow Jones Sustainability Index for 13th Consecutive Year, CSX has once again been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices North America, marking the 13th consecutive year the company will appear in the regional index tied to corporate sustainability performance. Click Here.
- Currents Launches Marketplace to Support OEMs and Maximize Second-Life Battery Repurposing, Currents has officially launched their marketplace with battery inventory eligible for a second-life. One of the first users of the platform is Nissan North America who will provide battery inventory with transparent pricing and state-of-health information. Click Here.
- East Penn Receives the World’s Highest UL Recycled Content Validation for Batteries, East Penn is pleased to announce that the company’s full line of Transportation batteries has been validated by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for an allocation of 98% recycled material, the highest UL Recycled Content Validation for batteries in the world. Click Here.
- Ford Pro and Xcel Energy Collaborate to Support Installation of 30,000 EV Charging Ports for Business Fleets by 2030,Ford Pro, the commercial division within Ford Motor Company, and Xcel Energy announced a unique collaboration to support the deployment of 30,000 electric vehicle charging ports in Xcel Energy service territories across the U.S. by 2030 with most upfront costs offset by Xcel for qualifying business fleet customers. Click Here.
- Ford and Resideo Launch ‘EV-Home Power Partnership’ Project Driving Vehicle-to-Home Energy Management Benefits for Customers, Ford and Resideo Technologies, Inc. announced a joint simulation project to explore vehicle-to-home (V2H) energy management called the “EV-Home Power Partnership,” designed to explore the potential of electric vehicle batteries to support optimal home energy management. Click Here.
- GM and Komatsu Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell-Powered Mining Truck, General Motors and Komatsu will co-develop a hydrogen fuel cell power module for Komatsu’s 930E electric drive mining truck. Click Here.
- GM and Autocar Collaborate on Zero Tailpipe Emissions Commercial Vehicles, General Motors and Autocar Industries, LLC have signed a joint development agreement to create a range of zero tailpipe emissions vocational vehicles powered by GM’s HYDROTEC power cubes. Click Here.
- Stellantis and Ample Establish Partnership to Leverage Ample’s Modular Battery Swapping Technology for Use in Stellantis Electric Vehicles, Stellantis and Ample have signed a binding agreement to establish a partnership in electric vehicle battery charging technology capable of delivering a fully charged electric vehicle battery in less than five minutes. The two partners have agreed to work toward integrating Ample’s Modular Battery Swapping solution in Stellantis electric vehicles. Click Here.
- Toyota Shares Progress on Environmental Sustainability Targets in 2023 North American Report, Toyota Motor North America announced the availability of its 2023 North American Environmental Sustainability Report. Covering Toyota’s activities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, the report has been published annually since 2002. Click Here.
- Cirba Solutions Helps Toyota Expand Battery Recycling Network to Nationwide Program, Toyota Motor North America announced that it is expanding its battery recycling network with a new collaboration with Cirba Solutions. The agreement enhances Toyota and Cirba Solutions’ growing relationship by expanding Toyota’s battery recycling network and optimizing its logistics network for end-of-life electrified vehicle battery collection, including those from hybrid (HEV), plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and battery electric vehicles (BEV). Click Here.
SP members may send their environmental sustainability news to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration in future news roundups. And, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest SP news and updates.