Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Releases 2016 Sustainability Report
LONDON, April 14, 2017 /3BL Media/ – FCA today announced the release of its 2016 Sustainability Report at the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.
The FCA 2016 Sustainability Report communicates to stakeholders the most relevant social, economic and environmental topics addressed by the Group, and progress toward achieving long-term targets. FCA’s global activities support the transition toward a circular economy and contribute to achieving the aims of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) initiative, which is intended to address the global challenge of a collective journey to sustainable development.
Watch the 2016 Sustainability Highlights video and discover how FCA is working toward its 2020 commitments through a balanced approach that contributes to the environment and society as a whole.
Notable achievements include:
- Began production of the industry’s first electrified minivan, the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, achieving a fuel economy rating of 84 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe)
- Announced a collaboration with Google (now Waymo), to integrate Waymo’s self-driving technology into a fleet of Pacifica Hybrid minivans
- Launched the initial version of a new global family of small gasoline engines, the fuel-efficient Firefly
- Reconfirmed European leadership on natural gas, with more than 720,000 natural gas-powered cars and commercial vehicles sold since 1997
- Licensed more than 329,000 Flexfuel and TetraFuel vehicles in Brazil
- Invested approximately €4.2 billion in Research and Development activities
- Created the Chrysler Portal Concept vehicle, a forward-thinking interpretation of a next generation of family transportation, focused toward the millennial generation
- Reduced CO2 emissions in our plants by 25%, water used by 36%, and waste generated by 22% per vehicle produced in the past 6 years
- Decreased work-related injuries at plants worldwide for the 10th consecutive year
- Collected more than 2.6 million suggestions from employees on potential improvements to products and processes
- Committed about €24 million to local communities around the world, with employees volunteering approximately 200,000 hours to nonprofit activities during work time.
Learn more about FCA’s sustainability journey through our microsite or downloadable pdf:
About Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is an international automotive group engaged in designing, engineering, manufacturing, distributing and selling vehicles, components and production systems worldwide through 162 manufacturing facilities and 87 research and development centers. We have operations in more than 40 countries and sell our vehicles directly or through distributors and dealers in more than 140 countries. FCA is recognized among the world’s leading companies for combined economic, environmental and social performance as confirmed by inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, as well as the CDP Climate Performance Leadership Index (A list).
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements are based on the Group’s current expectations and projections about future events and, by their nature, are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties. They relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur or exist in the future and, as such, undue reliance should not be placed on them. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in such statements as a result of a variety of factors, including: volatility and deterioration of capital and financial markets, including possibility of new Eurozone sovereign debt crisis, changes in commodity prices, changes in general economic conditions, economic growth and other changes in business conditions, weather, floods, earthquakes or other natural disasters, changes in government regulation, production difficulties, including capacity and supply constraints, the proposed separation of Italiana Editrice S.p.A. and many other risks and uncertainties, most of which are outside of the Group’s control.
– See more at: http://3blmedia.com/News/Fiat-Chrysler-Automobiles-Releases-2016-Sustainability-Report#sthash.jqFrTFma.dpuf