SP Member News Roundup – May 2021
SP provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, the US EPA and other government entities from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
This series collects recent news and updates though May 31, 2021 highlighting efforts of SP member companies and partners to advance initiatives with positive environmental impact.
- DTE Energy Partners With Ford Motor Company On New Rooftop Solar Installation And Battery Storage Technology. DTE Energy announced that it has commissioned a new solar array at the Ford Research & Engineering Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The 2,159-panel array is located on the rooftop level of the Deck 400 parking structure. Read More.
- Ford Commits To Manufacturing Batteries, To Form New Joint Venture With SK Innovation To Scale NA Battery Deliveries. Ford and SK Innovation announced they have signed an MoU to create a joint venture – to be called BlueOvalSK – to produce approximately 60 GWh annually in traction battery cells and array modules, starting mid-decade, with potential to expand. Read More.
- Henkel Develops Industry’s First Bio-Based PUR Hot Melt Adhesive for Consumer Electronics Assembly. Henkel announced the development and commercial availability of LOCTITE® HHD 3544F, the industry’s first bio-based polyurethane reactive (PUR) hot melt designed for consumer electronics assembly. Read More.
- Laboratories At Gage Products Are Recognized For Quality. The Gage Products fuel and quality-control laboratories in Ferndale, Michigan, have achieved international ISO 17025:2017 accreditation – a global standard for laboratory performance. Read More.
- Lear Releases 2020 Sustainability Report, Highlighting Innovations and a Strategic Roadmap for a Sustainable Future. Lear Corporation announced the release of its 2020 Sustainability Report, highlighting the company’s growing portfolio of green technologies, achievements in diversity, human rights and governance, and ambitious climate change goals for its operations. Read More.
- Li-Cycle and Ultium Cells LLC Announce Agreement on Recycling of Battery Manufacturing Scrap. Li-Cycle Corp. announced an agreement with Ultium Cells LLC, a joint venture of General Motors and LG Energy Solution, to recycle up to 100% of the scrap generated by battery cell manufacturing at Ultium’s Lordstown, Ohio mega-factory. Read More.
- Stellantis and The Greening of Detroit Lead Detroit’s Arbor Day Tree Planting. In honor of Arbor Day, Stellantis donated 160 trees to The Greening of Detroit for a community event. The activity supported the company’s commitment to plant 1,100 trees around its new Detroit Assembly Complex – Mack plant. Read More.
- Toyota Canada Parts Distribution Centre Receives Zero Carbon Building Certification. The Toyota Canada Eastern Canada Parts Distribution Centre (ECPDC) has been awarded Zero Carbon Building – Design™ certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), making it one of the most environmentally sustainable buildings of its kind in the country. Read More.
SP members may send their environmental sustainability news to email@example.com for consideration in future news roundups. And, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with the latest SP news and updates.