SP’s Q3 2021 Membership Meeting
The Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP) provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, the US EPA and other government entities from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
SP’s quarterly membership meetings provide an opportunity for members to share environmental sustainability best practices and strategies with industry peers and partners, learn about emerging issues impacting the environment and business operations, and identify opportunities for collaborative action.
SP’s Q3 2021 Meeting will be held as a virtual event over July 27-29, 2021. The Q3 meeting is planned to include sessions focused on EV battery recycling, carbon neutrality, low-carbon steel, and advancing environmental equity, along with updates on SP working group initiatives and member-led projects addressing industry environmental sustainability priorities.
Q3 Schedule Outline
- July 27, SP Emerging Professionals Work Group. Supporting emerging professionals in advancing innovative associate engagement initiatives at their companies through benchmarking and collaboration with fellow, diverse industry professionals within the Suppliers Partnership network.
- July 27, SP Responsible Battery Work Group – EVB Recycling. In this session, we’ll discuss new initiatives and opportunities to advance best practice in responsible lifecycle management of EV batteries, and emerging regulatory developments regarding EVBs.
- July 28, Lower-Carbon Steel. Following member discussions on carbon impacts of steel in our Q2 SP EHS Forum meeting, in this session speakers will discuss current activities and emerging initiatives addressing the energy and carbon footprint of steel used in automotive products.
- July 28, Carbon Neutrality. Following member discussions on defining and attaining carbon neutrality in our Q2 SP EHS Forum meeting, in this session speakers will provide an in-depth case study on setting and achieving a corporate carbon neutrality goal, including deeper dive into mechanics and solutions employed to achieve success and future steps planned to drive further progress on decarbonization.
- July 29, SP Q3 Project Reports. In this session we’ll hear executive progress reports on SP work group initiatives, as well as member updates on current and emerging environmental sustainability activities.
- July 29, Advancing Environmental Equity. In this session, speakers from US EPA will share information on governmental priorities regarding environmental equity. We’ll then discuss opportunities for the automotive industry to continue advancing its efforts in support of environmental equity.
Additional agenda details and registration information is available to representatives of current SP member companies. Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about SP and opportunities to participate as a member in our upcoming meetings.