Save the Date: SP Q2 2021 Membership Meeting
SP’s 2nd Quarter Membership Meeting will be held as a virtual event on April 27-29, 2021.
The Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP) provides a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, the US EPA and other government entities from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
SP’s quarterly membership meetings provide an opportunity for members to share environmental sustainability best practices and strategies with industry peers and partners, learn about emerging issues impacting the environment and business operations, and identify opportunities for collaborative action.
Building on a series of SP events focused on long-term industry environmental sustainability goals in recent months, our Q2 membership meeting will focus on the theme of sustainable materials, exploring industry goals, programs and partnerships to advance sustainable materials management in automotive operations and products.
Q2 Schedule Outline (US Eastern Standard Time)*
- April 27, 10:00AM – 12:00PM: SP EHS Forum – Measuring & Managing Scope 3 Emissions. In this session, we’ll discuss practices for addressing scope 3 emissions with opportunities for small-group peer discussions.
- April 28, 10:00AM – 12:00PM. Sustainable Materials Case Studies. In this session, we’ll hear case studies from SP supplier member companies on sustainable material programs and innovations they have implemented / commercialized.
- April 28, 2:00PM – 4:00PM. SP Responsible Battery Work Group – EVB Recycling. In this session, we’ll discuss new initiatives and opportunities to advance best practice in responsible lifecycle management of EV batteries.
- April 29, 9:00AM – 10:30AM. Sustainable Materials – Industry Goals, Actions & Emerging Issues Part 1. In this session, we’ll hear from guest speakers sharing their perspective on current and emerging sustainable materials issues and leading practices from outside the auto industry.
- April 29, 11:00AM – 12:30PM. Sustainable Materials – Industry Goals, Actions & Emerging Issues Part 2. In this session we’ll hear from SP member companies on their sustainable materials goals, and examples of initiatives they are leading to advance those efforts today.
Additional agenda details and registration information is provided directly to representatives of active SP member companies.