Save the Date: SP Q1 2021 Virtual Membership Meeting
SP’s 1st Quarter Membership Meeting will be held as a virtual event on January 27-28, 2021.
SP’s quarterly membership meetings are designed to provide a forum for global automotive manufacturers, their large and small suppliers, and other partners from around the world to work together toward a shared vision of an automotive industry with positive environmental impact.
The Q1 2021 meeting will include interactive working sessions focused on key environmental sustainability issues identified by SP members, along with member and guest speaker panels and presentations on emerging issues impacting the automotive industry. Some of the sessions planned for this meeting include:
- SP EHS Forum: Building the Business Case .The SP EHS Forum is intended to provide an opportunity for deeper discussion on EHS issues impacting SP members. Following on discussions in the Q4 membership meeting, this session will focus on building the business case for carbon & energy projects. This will be an interactive session with opportunities for small-group member-led breakout discussions.
- SP Responsible Battery Work Group: EVB Recycling. SP’s Responsible Battery Work Group provides a forum to promote information exchange on challenges and opportunities related to end of life management of advanced vehicle batteries and to identify opportunities for strategic pre-competitive collaboration across the value chain to advance best practices in responsible management of such batteries in North America and beyond. Building on discussion in the Q4 meeting, this meeting will continue to focus on opportunities related to advancing EVB recycling practices in North America.
- Global & Local Water Stewardship Challenges and Opportunities Building on discussions on long-term industry environmental sustainability goals in recent membership meetings, we will focus in on water stewardship goals in this session. We will begin with presentations from expert guest speakers introducing global and local water risks and opportunities relevant to the automotive industry.
- Automotive Industry Water Stewardship Goals. This session will include presentations from SP OEM and supplier member companies introducing their water stewardship goals, key definitions used in the goals, and examples of actions that are being taking to advance industry water stewardship efforts.
Additional agenda details and registration information is available to representatives of active SP member companies.
SP’s remaining quarterly membership meetings for 2021 are scheduled as follows.
- 1st Quarter: January 27-28, 2021
- 2nd Quarter: April 28-29, 2021
- 3rd Quarter: July 27-28, 2021
- 4th Quarter: October 26-27, 2021
Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about SP and opportunities to participate as a member.