Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP) is requesting applications for its 2021 Awards Program.
The Awards are designed to recognize and raise awareness of SP members’ environmental sustainability successes, while promoting knowledge sharing and transfer of proven solutions across the automotive industry.
Awards applications may be completed via the following online application forms and will be accepted until July 30, 2021. A selection committee of environmental sustainability leaders from SP OEM member companies will review qualified applications and select winning entries for presentation in an SP Awards Ceremony in October 2021.
2021 Company-Level Award Categories & Key Criteria
SP’s company-level awards are intended to recognize the successes of suppliers in the SP membership; as such, a supplier should be the main point of contact for the application. OEMs may be recognized as partners together with supplier awardees where applicable. To be eligible for consideration, submitted projects should have been implemented within the past 24-month period and show measurable results prior to December 31, 2020.
- Demonstrating Environmental Innovation in the Manufacturing Process (Company). This award recognizes SP member companies that demonstrate outstanding innovation in an advanced manufacturing process or technology leading to significant environmental and economic impact within the North American automotive supply chain. Criteria to be considered include,
- Environmental Impact. What were the environmental impacts of this project?
- Economic Impact. What was the economic impact of this project?
- Other Positive Impacts. Did this project positively impact other aspects relevant to industry or global sustainability goals?
- Transferability. Is this project potentially applicable to other organizations in the automotive industry and / or supply chain?
- Creativity in Implementing Sustainable Practices (Company). This award recognizes SP member companies that demonstrate remarkable creativity in implementing environmental sustainability programs and practices within the North American automotive supply chain. Criteria to be considered include,
- Systems Thinking / Net-Benefit. Did the project team consider potential impacts on different environmental, economic and community aspects, and strive to optimize the project’s total positive impact on environmental sustainability?
- Creativity & Innovation. How many new innovations, technologies, ideas or practices were piloted and demonstrated through this project?
- Environmental Sustainability Impacts. Which environmental sustainability aspects did this project address and what measurable benefits were achieved in those areas?
- Community Impact (Company). This award recognizes SP member companies who strive to extend the positive impacts of their sustainability efforts to local communities and organizations outside the automotive industry through outreach and education.Criteria to be considered include,
- Positive Impact. What were the positive environmental sustainability impacts of this project, including any measurable benefits related to biodiversity conservation, community engagement or environmental justice? What change can be observed in the current state, as compared to the prior state, as a result of this project?
- Education & Outreach. Were positive impacts extended to local communities and/or other organizations outside the automotive industry through outreach and/or education?
- Magnitude. What was the magnitude of impact for this project, such as the number of people, organizations or communities impacted?
2021 Individual-Level Award Categories
In addition to our company-level awards, SP’s Awards program also recognizes the contributions of individual environmental sustainability leaders in the SP membership. All current SP members are eligible to be nominated for these individual-level awards.
- Shining Star (Individual). This award recognizes and celebrates individual emerging sustainability leaders within SP member companies for their exemplary efforts in developing and improving environmental sustainability programs, as well as their leadership and engagement in SP. Members of any age are eligible to be nominated as emerging leaders, based on their engagement in SP within past 2-3 years. Self-nominations are welcomed for the Shining Star recognition.
- Spirit of SP (Individual). This award recognizes and celebrates individual members who visibly embody SP’s values and have made outstanding contributions to the SP community. Candidates for the Spirit of SP Award are nominated by SP’s senior leadership team based on notable influence in furthering the mission of SP through their dedication and engagement in the organization. Self-nominations are not accepted for Spirit of SP recognition.
How to Apply
To apply for a company-level award, please complete and submit the online application form located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M3MPDTY. A company may submit a project for consideration in one or more of the three company-level award categories through this common application. A PDF preview of the application questions for each category is also available for reference, however all applications must be submitted through the online form.
To submit a nomination for the Shining Star award, please complete and submit the online nomination form located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XVWK6P6.
All applications must be submitted via online application form no later than July 30, 2021 to be considered for an award.
SP would like to acknowledge and thank the SP Technology & Innovation Advisory Council volunteers that contributed to the development of this year’s awards program, including Vickie Lewis (VMX International), Bob Crawford (GWT Insight), Al Johnston (Stellantis), Phil Cozad (Honda), Rae Howard (GM), Kevin Butt (Toyota), Jack Nunes (Lear) and David O’Ryan (Ecoclean).
Disclaimers & Eligibility Information
Applicants must be current SP members in good standing to be eligible for an award. To be eligible for consideration, submitted projects should have been implemented within the past 24-month period and show measurable results prior to December 31, 2020. Certain information submitted to SP regarding a prospective award may be used in marketing and communications related to the SP awards program. SP will consider all application form entries as public information. SP reserves the right not to issue an award if certain criteria are not met, including receipt of a sufficient number of qualified applications for a particular award category.
Please contact us at info @ supplierspartnership.org with any questions on the SP Awards program.