A truly unique aspect of SP is its partnership with the EPA, which helps provide SP with topics for special projects and approaches.
More importantly, SP provides a forum for member companies and the EPA to work in collaboration to achieve common environmental goals.
Selected Auto Supply Chain Technical Assistance Success Stories
Tom Murray, a co-founder of SP who has now retired from EPA after 44+ years, discusses the value of working together through groups like SP.
US EPA Resources
- E3: an initiative designed to help you thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability and, working together, to promote sustainable manufacturing and economic growth throughout the United States.
- ENERGY STAR: delivers environmental benefits and financial value through superior energy efficiency.
- Green Power Partnership: encourages organizations to use green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with conventional electricity use.
- Sustainable Materials Management (SMM): systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles.
- Safer Choice: helps consumers, businesses, and purchasers find products that perform well and are safer for human health and the environment.
- SmartWay: helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking, and freight transportation efficiency.
- Water Sense: partners with manufacturers, retailers and distributors, and utilities to bring WaterSense labeled products to the marketplace and make it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products.