A truly unique aspect of SP is its collaboration with the EPA, which helps provide SP with topics for special projects and approaches.
More importantly, SP provides a forum for member companies and the EPA to work in collaboration to achieve common environmental goals.
SP was honored to participate in the US Workshop of the G7 Alliance on Resource Efficiency hosted by US EPA, and to have the opportunity to share information on resource efficiency in the automotive supply chain with leaders from the G7 countries.
Selected Auto Supply Chain Technical Assistance Success Stories
Tom Murray, a co-founder of SP who has now retired from EPA after 44+ years, discusses the value of working together through groups like SP.
US EPA Resources
- E3: an initiative designed to help you thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability and, working together, to promote sustainable manufacturing and economic growth throughout the United States.
- ENERGY STAR: delivers environmental benefits and financial value through superior energy efficiency.
- Green Power Partnership: encourages organizations to use green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with conventional electricity use.
- Sustainable Materials Management (SMM): systemic approach to using and reusing materials more productively over their entire lifecycles.
- Safer Choice: helps consumers, businesses, and purchasers find products that perform well and are safer for human health and the environment.
- SmartWay: helps companies advance supply chain sustainability by measuring, benchmarking, and freight transportation efficiency.
- Water Sense: partners with manufacturers, retailers and distributors, and utilities to bring WaterSense labeled products to the marketplace and make it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products.